Sunday 12 September 2010

How it all began . . .

1st February 2010 - I confess I was browsing one lunchtime on my PC at work, the usual dreaming about a 'wee place' in Scotland that until that point had seemed out of reach and something that would probably always remain so until we made the move up north on a permanent basis.  We had largely remained content with holidays under canvas (although 2009's damp 10 days in the busy Lake District had perhaps left us a little less content!) and often reminded ourselves of the joy and ease of Mum and Dad's Plockton hideaway that we tried to frequent a couple of times a year.  However, the lure of the Cairngorms was always there, both for holidays and one day perhaps a permanent home.  Previous browsing had never revealed anything of real interest, usually on the basis of price and/or location and I have no idea why 'the bothy' jumped out at me from the screen this time but it did . . .I rang for the details there and then!
That evening I arrived home, opened up my Inbox and there they were. 'Stephen, have a look at this? What do you reckon, worth a look?'  We both agreed it was and made arrangements to go up and view it on the morning of Sunday 14th February.  Mum and Dad had some house guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment